What is an image rollover?
When you put the mouse pointer over the image (hover) the image changes. It’s pretty easy to have this kind of mouseover effect…!!
All you need to do is copy and paste the following code into your page or post:
<img src=’http://yourdomain.com/normal.jpg‘ style=”width:200px; height:63px; border:0px solid #cc3300;” alt=”Move your Cursor over me” name=”sub_but”>
Change the parameters as follows…
- Destination URL is the URL you want the image to link to
- target=”_top” opens the link in the same window. If you want it to open in a new window replace _top with _blank
- http://yourdomain.com/onroll.jpg is the url of the image that displays when someone points the mouse over it
- http://yourdomain.com/normal.jpg is the url of the image displaying when the mouse isn’t over it (note that you need to insert it twice in the code)
- Change width and height to fit your case
Don’t want it to be a link?
<a href=’Destination URL’ target=”_top”
<a nohref target="_top"
How do I know what the URL of the images is in my case?
- Create a new folder on your Desktop
- Name this new folder something like ‘files’ or ‘media’ or whatever
- Copy your .jpg or any other image file to that folder
- Upload the folder to the main location (root) of your server using your FTP application
- http://yourdomain.com/nameofthefolder/nameofthefile.extension will be the address at which the file will be stored on the web
Thanks..!! Hope it will help someone, somewhere. For any assistance, Please contact me anytime.